Below, find a list of available employment opportunities. Review the listings you feel most qualified for by clicking each "Job Title." When you find a great opportunity, simply follow the Steps to "Create A Profile" and submit your application.
Thank you for your interest in Athens Services.
Note to Recruiters, Search Firms and Placement Agencies:
Athens Services does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees prior to having a signed agreement from Athens Services Recruitment/Human Resources Department. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered as Athens Services property and will be processed accordingly.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
The Roll-Off Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on container delivery, recycling, residential, commercial, or industrial (roll-off) routes. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned customers, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA)/Department of Transportation (DOT) requires as well as all local, state and federal requirements; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any concerns.
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the Company.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents/accidents/injures/property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch/Route Supervisor of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests/issues to Dispatch/Route Supervisor.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits DCI’S (driver call inquiry).
- Properly positions containers on the customer’s property.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing with customers.
- Assists other drivers in completing routes as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Transfer Driver is responsible for safely transporting cargo to and from pre-designated sites based on daily routing information. A walking floor truck-trailer combination is used to transport trash, green waste, C&D (wood, asphalt, and roof shingles). This position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned locations, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Daily driving to specific landfills, depending on weather conditions. Properly secures cargo and maneuvers vehicle in and around tight corners and around high pedestrian traffic.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle/equipment, and complete necessary forms.
- Tarp trailer to ensure no trash flies out. Manual cranking of device will be needed.
- Climb and get in back of trailer to sweep out residue of trash remaining in truck after dumping trash.
- Winter time, will need to shovel snow. Put chains on truck depending on road conditions.
- Change tires of both trailer and truck, as needed.
- Maintains a safe and clean working vehicle.
- Reports any unsafe situations to direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.