The Sweeper Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty sweeper truck to perform assigned duties on cleaning the city's surface streets and/or parking lots. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing the city, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates sweeping vehicle that cleans streets of trash and other accumulation by activating and controlling the rotary brushes and water spray.
- Ensures waste, supplies and material handling equipment is secured prior to operating sweeper.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any concerns.
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the Company.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route efficiencies and identify on-road issues.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents/accidents/injures/property damage.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing with customers.